From: Per Boysen [mailto:per@boysen.se]
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2004 12:37 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Circular Logic In-Time, live midi clock sync possibilities

Yes, Ableton Live would be fine for what you want to do. A Repeater,
hardware unit, will also do the job. But I'm not sure about the best
way to keep the tempo; either you tap a midi pedal with your foot or
you extract it from the drummer with some audio to midi converting
device.

All the best

Per Boysen
---
http://www.boysen.se
http://www.looproom.com

On Sep 11, 2004, at 18:32, Griff Peters wrote:

> Are there any mac users with experience with Circular Logic "In-Time"
> software? I'm also looking at KTDrum Trigger and Control Aid.
>
> I'm a guitarist, mac OSX user, and I want to be able to record audio
> live onstage, store it in the computer, and play it back whenever I
> need
> it during the song.
>
> That part seems easy enough, but I want to keep the tempo of the
> recorded audio/midi/whatever in sync with the live performance of the
> band onstage.
>
> For example, the live band starts playing a song onstage without a
> click
> track or any headphones, etc...
>
> 1- The software "listens" to the audio input from a mic or trigger on
> the drum kit and interprets a tempo and creates a midi sync master
> clock.
>
> 2- I hit a pedal to start recording, play a guitar part and then hit a
> pedal again to store it for later playback. It's very important to me
> that the recording in & out points are quantized automatically based
on
> the midi clock sync.
>
> 3- The band keeps playing... I want that original guitar riff back in
> again on top of what is now happening later in the song.
>
> 4- I hit another pedal- the original riff comes back in perfect sync,
> even though the band may have sped up or slowed down slightly.
Whatever