-----Message d'origine-----
De : George Ericson [mailto:gericso@eden.rutgers.edu]
Hi all,

(...)

I also own a RC20 and find that, although it is a solid pedal, I would
like to replace it with something a little more versatile.  I have been
looking into the Boss SP-606 and it seems to promise a lot.  I like that
it is polyphonic in its playback,  that it pitch-shifts samples, has
recording times of up to 60 mins at 44 khz, etc.  I was wondering if
anyone has had any experience with these machines and would vouch for
them?  I also would like to know if it works well in a sample on the fly
live performance situation and whether it does sound on sound recording
in a single bank?

Hi George,

I own a SP303 which has the same "core" as the 505 (not realtime pitch shift
and no tempo sync on the 303).
Here is some info from the 303 that surely also apply on the 505:
If you want to realtime loop you can press the pad you are recording on at
the end of the loop, this will retrigger (play) the pad directly. However
this works only if you are recording in the internal memory (not on the sm
card). Doing the same operation on the card introduces a small blank when
the sound is stored/compressed. So you are limited to about 30 sec (on the
303). You can copy the sound to the card after if you want but this takes
some time and the sound output is dropped.
"Sound on sound" is possible with the resample function. This function is
used to merge several pads (+added effects) to a new one. One of the pad
gates the input, so pad1+input pad>pad2 will merge the content of pad1 with
what is currently played. The bad thing is that pressing the resample button
stops the playing of the unit, no realtime overdub in this case. The good
thing is that you can multiply the pad1 content for as long as you need it,
add other pads, add effects, modify parameters,...
So his acts more or less like a multitrack (stop/rewind/arm) with the
exception that you can't play a pad and record another one at the same time
(only resample as explained before).

Hope this helps,
Ben.

Un mot doux à envoyer? Une sortie ciné à organiser? Faites le en temps
réel avec MSN Messenger! C'est gratuit!   http://ifrance.com/_reloc/m