Re: Using Jazz Standards to Get Into a Venue for Looping

----- Original Message -----
From: "Krispen Hartung" <info@krispenhartung.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 9:23 PM
Subject: RE: Using Jazz Standards to Get Into a Venue for Looping

> Nice!  The brushes sound very natural.

Thanks, that's the Erskine 3/4 brush loop being very substantially
sped up by the tap tempo function on the RC-20, and it doesn't sound
all weird like almost everything ELSE does when you speed it up with
the tap tempo function on the RC-20...

> What sort of guitar are using?

That's just the solidbody Ibanez Artist AR-250 shown on the page with the
Copeland hex pickup. I played that one all with my thumb, which
probably contributes to the "Wes-ness" quite a bit. The "Fenderizer"
pedal makes it sound bright like a Fender amp. The Copeland Pickup is
very bright sounding anyway, and also has a lot less sustain than a
regular pickup (much smaller magnets and coils), so that's probably
also making it sound more like a jazz-box.

> It sounds very hollow. I better get off my butt this week and make a few
> sample clips.  I'm just doing guitar comping and then heads and solos
> for now...that's more natural for me, sort of like the Jim Hall/Pat
> Metheny duo sound.
>
> Kris

Cool, I look forward to hearing them. I have a rehearsal and a gig later
in the week, but I hope I'll have time to make a few more recordings.

Mark Smart
http://www.marksmart.net/