NYC looping gig

Just wanted to let NYers know I'll be doing a solo (looping) concert with
fellow looper and funky instrument-builder Ken Butler Friday October 1.
My looping music has evolved over the several years I've been working with
the EDP, and I'm really happy with it right now --
Probably like many of us, I've evolved several different approaches to
music/looping depending on the venue/audience.
I do the pure spontaneous improvisation thing, for my own head and recently
for improvising dancers -- did a thing a few months ago where I played and
sang straight for almost 3 hours as people were doing contact improv.  It
was really fulfilling to interact with people moving -- at some points, I
was singing and doing contact improv with them myself as the loops were
playing.  Very cool.
I'm working on some duo situations - with guitarist Kenny Wessell and
flutist Robert Dick - which is mostly improvised, too, although we're
probably going to evolve compositions from our improvs.
And lastly, for my solo concerts, after spending years on pure process
in-the-moment music, I've found that part of me wants to create a body of
work, and prefers to have songs and compositions ready to perform when it's
a solo show.  I can go off in any direction if inspired, but I like having
structured work to present.
And all this is integrated with my ongoing vocal studies of north Indian
singing.
So, I'll be presenting the solo work next Friday - I call it "Chants, Songs
and Musical Landscapes."  Hope to see some of you there!

SPECIAL BENEFIT FOR MOVE ON.ORG
Ken Butler and Steve Sandberg
at Atmananda Yoga
552 Broadway (and Spring)
Friday, October 1
8 PM
$10 Suggested Donation (to benefit moveon.org)

by the way, you can check out ken's website at:
http://www.mindspring.com/~kbhybrid/