RE: request for a Dan Armstrong schematic

What's so special about it, you ask? Well, each scheme is different, of
course, and the wiring on the sexy 11-pound '80s Stratocaster model know
simply as "The Strat"  had several cool series options.
I'm leaning towards another Armstrong scheme, however, one from the 2/87
Guitar Player mag: 9 sounds, including phase reverse, using all stock
parts. All you give up is one of the tone controls, which becomes a fader.
You get the Robert Cray thing and the "dark jazz box" thing is there
waiting as well. I had wired it thusly soon after the article came out, and
if I'd have been smart, I woulda kept it that way!

Of course, I COULD also muddy the waters further by putting my Torres
midrange control in my strat, but at this rate I don't wanna add parts, I
just wanna settle on an easily doable, versatile wiring, put the poor
guitar back together for good (ha!) and just PLAY it. As for the midrange
control, I think I'm gonna save that for a guitar that has maybe too much
midrange to start with...cutting mids out of a strat is like stealing
pennies from a wino! (LOL)
Yours in Danny Kalb's Wonderful Nasal Tone,
~Tim
www.mungenast.com