Re: Anyone use a ROland VG8??

Welcome to the select (and astonishingly small!) group of adventuresome
guitarists who have discovered the most interesting guitar synth ever
devised!

Unfortunately (I suppose), there's no way to access raw waveforms
within the VG8; you're limited to just the parameters available within
each HRM model, which are certainly pretty arcane. But if you want a
crash course in unfolding the best of these instruments (and access to
a huge, extensive and detailed archive of VG-user comments and
explorations), I suggest you get right over to vg-8.com and start
downloading some of their vast patch library via sysex dump. I hope you
got an extra data card with your VG! Allow me to humbly further suggest
that you start with the patch sets I created and posted there; I've
explored the HRM side of the V as deeply as anybody I've ever heard of
(wish that weren't the case), and have posted hundreds of "weird" VG
explorations. The VG is certainly the looping guitarist's most
neglected resource, IMHO...
Good hunting!
David Coffin