Re: (no subject) (ebay)

I'm not sure of the technical nomenclature, but I wish
I did, as I have a similar situation. Sounds like you
might have a host problem in your registry; invasive
code gets in and redirects you to another site
(usually a porn site or some sort of
advertisng/spyware type of thing). In doing so, it
inserts a line into your registry that does not allow
you to visit the site you actually wanted; in my case,
these would include Amazon and (gasp) Looper's
Delight. After you've removed the offending site, a
registry entry remains, so that when you subsequently
try to access the site you originally wanted, your
browser times out.

It's related to "browser hijacking", but again, I
haven't been able to find out enough about how to fix
it to actually do so. :(

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to fix this
without wiping the whole registry/operating
system/hard drive? Or at least, can someone offer a
better/clearer  explanation than I have so that I'll
have a better clue?

-t-