Re: WD-40 & EDP Pedal EFC-7

I know the original discussion was about simple switches, which wouldn't
have
this problem, but to add to this warning, I've also seen WD40 dissolve
resistive
traces on slider pots. Rendered the formerly scratchy pot completely
useless.

As stated, electronic contact cleaner is the best. My favorite is DeoxIT
from
Caig Labs. Their CaiLube produce is also very useful for slider resistors
(like
in cheap mixers), since it's not corrosive and adds some lubricant.

Back to WD40, I worked on a Mackie mixer awhile back where the owner had
cleaned
the face of it with WD40 (between the knobs and stuff). He thought it was
cool,
like using ArmorAll on your car or something. Exactly like Bernhard's
advisor
said, the junk gooked up and attracted dust. This thing looked like it was
growing fur! (or mold...) Repeated cleanings with degreasers still didn't
get rid
of all the residue.

This is seriously NASTY stuff! Use it to lube your squeeky door hinges,
keep it
AWAY from your electronics!!!

Greg