A Cornucopia of exciting autumnal gigs!! (aka gig spam)

Hello to you all!

I hope that this note finds you well. Fall must be 'improvised-hurdy-gurdy-with-live-looping' season in Ontario and Quebec: I have some fun gigs to tell you about.

First, in Montreal, I will be performing as a guest of the incredible percussion duo GaPa. Patrick Graham and Ganesh Anandan use their expertise in various percussion traditions (Karnatic, Japanese, Celtic, classical), combined with a wide-eared experimental sensibility to create beautiful, exciting compositions and improvisations. I will be joining them on hurdy gurdy and electronics for an evening of new compositions and improvisations.

Friday, 29th of October, 8 PM at Casa del Popolo, http://www.casadelpopolo.com/
4873 boul. St-Laurent, Montreal.

Next, the premier public performance of the Ima Ensemble. Put together by the mad mind of Toronto percussionist, composer and musical monster Deb Sinha, Ima is composed of improviser/composer/performers:

Deb Sinha http://www.debsinha.com
Patrick Graham http://www.patricgrahampercussion.com
Andrew Downing http://www.andrewdowning.com
and me (website too pathetic to list)

Our mandate is improvisation, spontaneous composition, and musical bungee-jumping (sometimes without the bungee cord).

We'll be playing on Friday, 5th November, 9 PM in the front room of the TRANZAC club in Toronto. The TRANZAC is at 292 Brunswick Street, just South of Bloor. PWYC.

The VERY NEXT NIGHT, 6th November, 8 pm, (should I be selling passes or what?) GaPa and I (see item 1, above) will perform in Toronto at 90 Croatia Street, Toronto. This is a co-production of the Music Umbrella and the Royal Conservatory of Music. http://www.rcmusic.ca/BoxOffice/EventDetails.aspx?EventID=99c5d5de-d0ee-417d-8c65-53dbf680cf5d&EventDetails=Details

And finally (for this email, at least), I'll be performing a night of improvised music with jazz/improv/actuelle/etc. mad guitar genius, Tim Postgate on November 25th at about 9 PM. He and Rob Clutton run the (now 5th) annual Grand Festival of Autumnal Happiness, a casual, mostly improvised concert series in Toronto. Details can be found at http://www.grandfestival.blogspot.com New Work Studio at 189 Spadina Ave., Toronto.

As always, I will be performing with my vielle (hurdy gurdy/Drehleier) of course, and my usual array of looping devices and whatnot. I hope to see you all there. Thanks for your interest (or patience).

Best regards,

Ben