sync problems with multiple loops (Echoplex)

I've been syncing my Echoplex (slave) to my Alesis SR16 drumcomputer
(master) and with a single loop it works like a charm. But as soon as I use
more than one loop with the Next Loop function, problems start. Even though
the Next Switch parameter is set to Loop and the loops are recorded just
fine, when I make a transition from loop 1 to loop 2 with the Next Loop
function, the sync may become offset.

The funny thing is, this offset happens irregularly. Sometimes there is no
offset, sometimes the offset seems to be a 16th, sometimes an 8th. I have
read in the manual that each loop has its own local MIDI time but if Quant
is set to cycle and SwitchQuant is set to loop, there should be no reason
for this offset since the switch should happen exactly on the "1" of the
next loop which is also the "1" of the drumcomputer.

Does anybody have an idea what is causing this and how to remedy it? I have
tried the ReAlign function but strangely it doesn't always work as it
should, sometimes putting the local starting point on the drumcomputer's
"4"
instead on the "1", sometimes changing nothing at all.

Thanks
Mark