Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:45:41 -0500
From: Doug Cox <dougcox@pdq.net>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: How hardy is your EDP?

Although it might not be in my best interest to do this, especially if I
ever want to sell off an EDP, but I need to report that I've had my
first EDP problem, and it's bumming me out big time.  I own 2 EDPs, and
one of them is occasionally going nuts.  After a few loop creations and
resets, I'll get pieces of old loops magically appearing in my current
loop, the feedback light goes red, and then I even get some exploding
digital white noise splattered in.  This just happens, with no
particular event or series of events that cause it.

I've tried cleaning and reseating ALL of the chips that are removable,
new memory, and putting the EDP in a different place in my signal and
MIDI chain.  Nothing is working... it still happens almost every time I
play (and will certainly happen anytime I play more than 30-40 minutes).

I'm about to contact Shane Radke and send it to the hospital.  I'm
bummed :( :(

Anyone else ever see this kind of behavior with their EDP?

Doug