RE: still making my footpedal- help

Phill,

as I do usually in my day-time job (consultant), I won't give you a
solution, but tell you how to come by one by yourself:

(specific resistor values)

The available values for resistors depend on the E-series for resistors.
They tell you which values are there per decade. They are called E1 (one
value per decade, namely 1) to E192 (192 values per decade). The most
commonly used is the E12 series, which gives you 10, 12, 15, 18, 22, 27,
33,
39, 47, 56, 68 and 82 (and tenfold multiples and divisions thereof).

(Details: http://www.logwell.com/tech/components/resistor_values.html)

The 14.3 value is contained in the E96 and E192 series; as an example for a
metal film resistor with a 1% tolerance and the availability of a E92
series
take the Vishay Draloric SMA/MK series (www.vishay.com).

(0 ohm resistors)

0 ohm resistors are used when in a circuit design, different resistance
values or a shortcut should be possible in a certain position. This
normally
applies only for either high-volume production design (the devices putting
in the resistors can't just solder in a piece of wire as an alternative) or
very special circuit designs (high-precision or high-frequency), where the
specific properties of the resistor apart from its ohmic resistanc play a
major role.
What I do not understand is why you would need one in your application and
could not just use a piece of wire...
But if you really want one, they are special parts (i.e. not contained in
the usual resistor series), but usually available from all manufacturers.

        Rainer

Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill
Moinlabs GFX and Soundworks - www.moinlabs.de
The Straschill Family Group - www.straschill.de