Re: How HISSY is your EDP?

At 08:58 AM 10/11/2004, Travis Hartnett wrote:
>The problem I've struggled with more is getting unity gain out of some of
>the EDP's (although this is a problem with a lot of digital gear).
>My EDP's are always in some sort of mixer, usually a Rane SM-26, and once
>you get the input level dialed in for maximum volume without overloading,
>then it's hard to make up the volume drop on the back end.  There's
>always
>plenty of room for adjustment on the input (which never goes above
>halfway
>that I recall), but the output on one of my units is always on max, and
>the mixer return typically has to be all the way up also.

The old ones were quiet like that, and the input was very sensitive. You
can fix the gain in it to be like the newer ones with a couple of resistor
changes, if you are handy with a soldering iron (or know somebody who is).
It is on the echoplex faq:

http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools/echoplex/FAQ6.html#Anchor-47383

kim