Re: Looping with other musicians

On Oct 12, 2004, at 1:15 PM, Per Boysen wrote:

>>   I find the same thing with sequences--live
>> performances seem to be stifled by "following" a track.  If loops
>> could
>> follow live performances--but they can't!  They have no cognition;
>> they are
>> the past, brought into the present.
>

> But you can keep changing the loop instantly! Insert, overdub or
> roughly start it over from scratch. Or change tempo division of the
> loops! Play the loops! ;-)  There really is an alternative to the
> concept of fixed loop playback.

Yes you can but at the base of the loop you have the Church Lady.  A
strict taskmaster with leather and studs.  Can you dress the Lady into
different clothes while you spank her tush in an increment of her
overall ass?  No, it is still her ass, clothed in whatever.

Fun though.  I'm beginning to think that the fixed and the chaotic can
live together?  When I get my loops back I'll make some loops to
undermine.

> All the best
>
> Per Boysen
> ---