Re: Laptop live-looping in Numerology

On Oct 3, 2004, at 23:19, Os wrote:

> (to be clear, for those not familiar with Augustus Loop, you can
> change the settings to avoid tape 'artefacts'  when changing pitch -
> it's changing the delay time on the fly that currently gives you the
> unavoidable effects.)
>
> I'm always happy to hear from anyone with suggestions for changes &
> features - drop me a mail or leave a note on my website forum.

Os,

Many thanks for the tip. Today I tried to deselect the "fix length"
buttons and this was the best thing I've done for a long time :-)   I
have built a system in Numerology with three parallel Augustus Loopers
and then I have ten FCB foot buttons to transform all loops at once, to
improvise chord changes. What happens now, with the "fix length"
deselected, is that the poly rhythm between the three loops changes
with each transformation of pitch (since each loop does take on a new
length when re-pitched). As "a meta instrument" I actually like this
better! I never get the tape simulation artefacts now. Not until I step
the pedal for "triplet" or "reverse" and that is all cool. Those tape
sounds ARE great, and this sparse they come out just right IMHO.

All the best

Per Boysen
---
http://www.looproom.com (international)