RE: Looping with the Echoplex with the Lexicon G2 slaved to its clock

Hi Gary

Andy Butler actually gave me the idea to sync them. My approach has always
been to just hook things up, play them in one configuration for as long as
possible to explore all possibilities and then shyly move on to further
settings. Andy configured the G2 to sync in a specific way to the EDP and
it
was just right for me. When I came home, the battery inside the G2 had died
and I lost all settings (I should always make a MIDI dump of all devices
when I found a good setting). I just vaguely remembed what the setting was
and I'm afraid I didn't get the same configuration back, even though I
tried
all kinds of combinations. But at least during those tests I learnt how the
EDP slows down its MIDI timing when kicked into halfspeed (because the G2
delay doubles its time) or when choosing a subcycle division on the EDP,
the
G2 reacts to it (but beware: the change of subdivision only happens on the
EDP when you exit the parameter edit mode. And it only changes at the
moment
where the current cycle has finished). And then you can configure the G2 to
react to 8th, dotted 8th etc. All together this adds up to quite a field to
explore to find good combinations. And of course, there are quite a number
of G2 effects affected by timing so that adds yet another dimension (not
speaking of your playing style: rhythmic/spheric)...

Bernhard