Re: Looping with the Echoplex with the Lexicon G2 slaved to its clock

I didn't get a chance to reply to your first message asking if anyone
else does this.  I don't use a G2, but I do use a TC-Electronic G-Major,
and it has MIDI synchable delays as well.  Sounds like you've
accomplished all that I have - basically synching the EDP and the
G-Major and using various divisions on the GMaj to create interesting
polyrhythms.  With longer delay settings (whole note), the line between
delay and loop gets blurred... which is a good thing!

I like using the GMaj to effect my loops (vs. using it to apply effects
to the sound that is captured in the EDP).  I use my fx+preamp unit (a
Roland GP-100) to get effected sounds into the loop.  The GMaj is a
decent, not-so-farout loop mangler.  Delays and modulation are
synchable, and I like that.

By the way - I don't "beware" the EDP features you mentioned (EDP
changes only at the cycle boundary, after you leave the parameter
mode)... instead, I celebrate it!  A very nice way to ensure that things
happen musically, and not based on my clunk button pushing skills.

Just thought I'd chime in!

Doug