Re: looping with other musicians

On Oct 18, 2004, at 12:44, goddard.duncan@mtvne.com wrote:

> >>I would be interested to hear how other people are using looping
> techniques
> to **follow** other musicians tempo and groove.   Is anyone using
> realtime
> tempo adjustments (ie. repeater) with success (much like an expert DJ
> can
>  beat match) to play with live musicians or records?<<

I've tried to foot tap tempo with the JamMan, the Repeater and
different software but I never liked it. The best method I have come
around is to use some device like the EDP that can extract tempo from
two different taps. What I do is to redefine the loop length in the EDP
and everything that is hooked up by midi clock to my EDP (Repeater,
laptop, loopers, effects) will also start following the new tempo. To
it's much easier to foot tap a musical period than hitting every damn
eight note beat with my toe.  That is at the same time as also playing
and listening to other players ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---