Re: Looping with other musicians

> maybe your problem is not with Kim who wrote the manual but with me
> who created most of the content. I prefered it to be intuitive rather
> than logic. this was an amazing experience. maybe the funcionality
> fits less to your focussed music, but you will find enough...

It's not so bad.  I have no problem with anyone.

It is important to understand that all music is intuitive to begin
with.  I know we all know this.  My music condensed in that the
classical guitar eats up form and spits out something different in the
formal sense.  The range is small but the application of the instrument
is solo so you have to work in extreme limitations.  A good thing.
>> I also understand, and I've known this for a long time, that the more
>> canned the more dried of blood and guts.

> your language is not easy to understand for me either :-)
> also: "church lady"?

The Church Lady is a woman who is tremendously restrictive and totally
bound to church dogma.  Blood and guts=abandonment and subject to full
momentary expression.  Canned=prepared before the execution.

>>  That's my main area of inquiry into the whole looping thing.  What
>> is we're looking for as looping artists?  I've used terms like
>> masturbation and self aggrandizing and lumping myself into those
>> descriptions when I consider looping but I am an adult and use
>> language that may be a bit unnerving to those who are following some
>> kind of holy writ of looping that may unconsciously exist.
>
> big question, really. masturbation is a good thing. aggrandizing and
> lumping also meet strong parts of the experience. Instant (soul/mood)
> mirror is still the strongest and most holy for me.

Holy, boy I use language that I now don't care for.  Nothing is holy in
my mind.  When people deem something holy it becomes fixed and cannot
be changed.  That is what really bothers me about loops.  This is my
job, to make a loop and change it into something that was unaccounted
for.  Found art.

Composition is codified improvisation.  The moment carved into a
sculpture of time.

Manuals aside, thanks for the great unit!  I'll get what I want out of
it sooner or later.

5 years ago I had two Jammans and had different ideas about what a loop
was.  It was easy and required not too much though just a foot and some
hands, not much brain.  Now, with the EDP, my brain hurts because of
the options and my differing thoughts about the loop.

A new adventure?  OK, I am a Boy Scout.
Larry Cooperman
New Millennium Guitar
http://www.newmillguitar.com