Re: Psychedelic Jew's Harp: J. M. Nasim

In a message dated 10/20/04 12:57:29 PM, nospam@akroeger.com writes:

<<  is
Bob the thumb piano guy still around let's see what he thinks. >>

Heh.
Still here in the nether reaches of cyberspace after all that has befallen
our fragile planet? Still here after all these years in spite of it all?
:-)

I had a listen, made me think of Tuvan throat singing music.
There seems to be pitch shift going on and a whatever you call it sampled
band pass beat generating like the Adrenalinn does, some freq shifting and
EQed
reverb.

Hard to say what is being applied, there may be some delay with feedback
turned up all the way, or he may be using a Jamman but I suspect he would
not
really need to since he is basically wailing on one prong. He also might
be
working in stereo and splitting the signal into 2 different banks of
processors,
sounds like he is getting at least 4 layers on some tracks.

The little Ineko processor and the Kaoss pad can do some of that stuff but
he
mentions "automated" processing so maybe he is using a laptop and LIVE?

He is getting a nice full sound and it has a friendly loping quality
(loping
like the gait of a horse not looping), just all a bit similar.

Pretty interesting but I personally prefer the Mongolian and Tuvan stuff.

regards

BobC

www.cdbaby.com/rpcollier
http://trundlebox.iuma.com