Fwd: Tip on unortodox playing for looping (was: Psychedelic Jew's Harp)

Just  a reflection on this instrument: I recently bought a Jew's Harp
and found out that you can also play it while "beatboxing" by using
your tongue to "spit" or "suck" "air shots" into they the harp (while
it's vibrating the usual way). I also tried the reed player trick to
"groaw" the sound by singing and it kind of works with a jew's harp
(but not in the same way as bamboo reed instruments).

If you have a jew's harp around, try to keep the basic rhythm with your
right hand, striking it on 8th notes, and then add syncoped "drum
solos" by tongue shots. This is very inspiring for looping! Myself I
have to practice it a little more before incorporating it in my live
looping. Just my 2 cents.... ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---