RE: Review of Boss RC-20XL

Scott,

        I enjoyed reading your review. I use an RC-20 and a Boomerang,
sometimes
both at the same time. Glad to hear the XL offers an undo feature - that
sure would be a nice thing to have. Have you heard whether one can upgrade
from an RC-20 to the XL model?

        My chief complaints about the RC-20 are:

        1. Like youk, I like to loop long phrases (check out some samples
on my
website if you want - www.adrianwest.com). When I get to the end of the
first layer of the phrase, I like to to start recording the 2nd layer
immediately, without missing a beat. The RC-20 can't do that. You have to
hit the left pedal once to stop recording, and hit it again to resume
recording. How stupid is that?

        2. The foot pedals have too much travel and require too much
pressure,
making it harder to simply tap in perfect rhythm. The Boomerang makers
thought that out much better - their buttons are very sensitive and can be
tapped seamlessly as part of a normal "tapping of the foot" movement.

        3. I find the sound quality of the RC-20 to be less good than the
Boomerang.

        But other than that I agree the RC-20 is a big bang for the buck.

Adrian West
www.adrianwest.com