Re: womany loopers

Dear Menny loopers,

>Perhaps not so much an increase in egalitarian nature, but rather  "Mmm!
> More me!!!" would account for this reaction.

I like Matthias' comment on instant soul mirror. There is something magical
about seeing your reflection. I've noticed that many people can not hear
themselves sing. They harbor such distorted perceptions and fears about the
way they sound that it prevents them from seeing the natural beauty in
their
own voice. But when we looped people together, I observed that they were
stunned by the beauty of their collective voices-- and by hearing
themselves
immediately as part of this creation.

I don't think collective looping is egalitarian in itself. But if the tools
are wielded in a good way, I think it can be. I guess that is what I am
experimenting with.

Anyway, the feedback people gave me and the reaction to the CD of our
collective work sure was positive. I don't think it was ego stroking.

>I think it is so.Female Loopers like conversation  and communication.
>Male Loopers like more the Soloist Status Status,where the question to
>loop with
>other musicans gets a new quality.

I agree with you. May I generalize without getting slammed?? Men are often
more competitive, and women are oft more nurturing. As a two-spirit, I try
combine male and female qualities in my work. That is to say, I am a
software
designer and technology user. I wield spears. Yet at the same time I try to
encourage people, especially those on the margins, to be heard and to hear
one
another. I try to be supportive like a mama. I try to bring a nice home
cooked
meal along with the looper when I go out to play with friends. I think
people
appreciate that just as much as whatever the looping process brings them.

>Dialog is important,not the gender or other stuff.

I feel that this blending of roles has been important to my development as
human being. As men, we are challenged to embrace the feminine within
ourselves. How else can we honor women?

Take Care,
Mercury