Re: Problems Using Ableton Live As A Live Looper

At 09:07 AM 10/23/2004, soam wrote:

>Whenever I record in Live using a MIDI foot pedal the audio starts
>recording too late and the audio stops recording too late. I guess this
>has to do with my quantization settings and trigger settings. Can someone
>give me some tips please? Thanks

If you're looping live, try using Ableton merely as your host program and
something like Augustus Loop for capturing your loops.  I think the timing
should work out a bit better.

Also, as you mentioned, you may have some quantization settings a bit
whacked.  Since Augustus Loop isn't tied into those settings, a quick test
should begin narrowing down the source of the problem.

If you're still having problems (even with Augustus), then I'd start to
examine your MIDI setup.  You could be having latency/system load issues
which are affecting the timing of your triggers.

         --m.

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil