Re: Repeater or EDP

On Oct 28, 2004, at 12:03, goddard.duncan@mtvne.com wrote:

> >>In theory this is true, but in praxis you may find that the Repeater
> can suddenly not record because "tempo too fast" or "CFC card too slow"
>  ;-)<<
>
> I've seen this a lot on my repeaters, even with the proscribed cfc
> cards. it seems to handle things a bit better using it's own memory
> instead, but this is somewhat restrictive. usually, though (& in the
> context of my use, this is no biggy) it will obey after two or three
> tries.

Yes, no biggy at all. When I had a Repeater I practically never ran
into these troubles because I was careful to only create so many/long
loops that the machine could handle it on the 8 MB RAM. And the tempo
limitation was no problem either because I found it cool in a musical
way that the synced Repeater stayed on a (somehow matching) slower
tempo when the sync master EDP occasionally went up to extreme speed.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---
http://www.looproom.com (international)