Re: Space Station Re: the finite nature of things

As I recall, the string swell patch was borrowed from another Digitech
device, the 2112 rackmount preamp.  There were some similar things in
the Boss GT series, which used a combination of a slow-attack volume
effect with a dense multi-delay, some chorus, reverb and tremolo to get
a string swell type effect.

Dunno how you think the Reverberator was any tougher--the Space Station
and the Reverberator used the same case (along with the Whammy Wah and
the Modulator).  My guess would be that the Reverberator would last
much longer because the thing sounded so horrible that you wouldn't be
using it after the initial period of experimentation.  Or at least,
that was my experience with it, after picking one up for $50 at a
Guitar Center blowout.  I used a Space Station exttensively for a
couple of years and never had a problem with it.

TravisH