Re: describing the string patchRe: Space Station Re: the finite nature of things

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 12:17:22PM -0400, mungenast@earthlink.net wrote:
> describe? easy: the Wakeman/Pinder Mellotron sound. Without having to
>fart around with gluing a hex-pickup thang onto yor guitar.

        for a little self promotion and to help the cause:

http://www.phasmatodea.net/audio/

        The first few minutes of "Beware of Falling Astreroids" makes
heavy use of the space station string effect (in this case, me "bowing"
the strings on a champan stick with a steel rod processed though the
space station). The rest of the track makes use of the space station
as well, notably one of the bit crusher/decimator patches.

        Maybe not the best example because of the extended technique
used, but its a start... At some point that sound gets looped and
plays though most of the rest of the piece.

Adrian
http://www.phasmatodea.net
http://www.bluesoundofdeath.com