Re: LD interview with Mike Battle

In a message dated 10/28/04 2:05:04 AM, kflint@loopers-delight.com writes:

Mike Battle, the
inventor of the original Echoplex tape delay in the 60's

i remember seeing this unit about the same time at the store where i bought my first electric guitar a GRETSCH CHET ATKIN'S TENNESSEEN brandy new for $350.00 hardshell case included this was around 64-65ish.....they had an echoplex and i seem to recall another unit called THE COPYCAT (?) perhaps that was later.....things begin to blur.....when they demoed the echoplex my entire life changed.....but it was over 30 some years later before i had this type of instantaneous LOOP CAPABILITY i.e. the 5 sec. looper in my Q-2 and then the mighty rang.....30 years of unrequited LUST.....tell mr. battle that he is an evil man!.....:).....michael