Re: John McLaughlin DVD

On Oct 30, 2004, at 12:16, Bernhard Wagner wrote:

> Has anyone had a look at this 3 DVD guitar improvisation teaching set
> with
> the suspicious title "This is the way to do it" by John McLaughlin:
>
> http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=14486
> http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=14743
> http://www.johnmclaughlin.com/
>
> Had he called it "This is my way to do it" it'd have been so much more
> credible being the musician he is...

Good point! :-)  But maybe it isn't about his own style at all? Maybe
it's just a bunch of techniques for improvisation? And such strategy
may be more theoretic than having to do with the actual instrument you
are using. Anyway, I don't know about these DVD's. Just chatting here
;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---