Re: Mellotron -

    Very unlikely it was Shaeffer,I don't think RTF would have assigned
someone of his proninance to engineer for a  llittle known visiting
American
composer.And Riley would probably remember if it had been Shaeffer

                I've had correspondance w/ someone who knows Terry Riley
and asked
him.Riley says he can't remember the name of the engineer,but that he was
employed by RTF .This is significant ,as RTF employed  Pierre Shaefer when
he did his looping experiments in the 40s.

Very interesting! The other week I was just reading about Reiley's early
experimenting and I noted the reference to "an anonymous engineer" who
inspired Terry for the "Time Lag Accumulator". So that guy may have been
Shaefer!