Re: Looping horse

hi samba, chris cohn or ashe,

the history you are attempting to rewrite has been rewritten so many
times on this list I think most us have definition fatigue.  As much as
exposing looping to a Deleuzian reinterpretation might be fun, I think
most of the issues you bring up were put to bed a while ago.  There is a
very informative and well informed Looping history article to be found
on the Looper's Delight website.  You may have read it, and perhaps you
disagree with it.  Given that the consensus was that this article is
quite comprehensive and accurate, it serves most of us to regard it not
as an experiment or a theory, but as given and communally agreed fact.

The live-looping -vs- sampling-looping discussion you wish to
reinvigorate has also been brought to surface in the past, resulting in
a web of tensions and volatile "variations-bifurcations" that threatened
the fragile social ecosystem of this list.  As a result, intellectually
speaking, a certain sedimentation and crystallisation of definitions has
occured, if only to keep the peace.

In an ideal world us humans would not get in the way of a good idea, I
agree.  But we are, after all, only human..

Best Regards

Michael Noble