Re: some thoughts on Ted's queeries about art and self esteem and, oh yeah, looping

I think that some people get into popular music as a result of low self
esteem?  Serious music is another thing.  People get into that for many
reasons.

I still think that looping, in many cases, is adjunct to popular music
until someone loops something that makes me throw up or kill.

Can you see a guy with low self esteem getting into playing baroque
recorder to build up self esteem when popular music is so much more
socially cogent?  Maybe, it depends on the crowd that you will choose
to build you up I guess.  Give me an accordion and I'll work on my
smile.

The reason I got into music is because of family heritage and girls.  I
have low self esteem only when people require me to act like the rest
of the herd.  I can't hip-speak or act like the aged hippie I am
supposed to be.

I don't know you that well Ted.  I met you at the gig.  I did notice a
resignation in your demeanor.  You are big that's why I remember.  Big
people are more forceful sometimes.

My low self esteem causes me to yell and get angry!!!!?  I'm not sure.
I wonder about myself and all of us.

You and everyone else I met at the Y2K4 were stark raving individuals
and you just can't have low self esteem about that.  I mean you can if
you want but in a herd of disparate animals there is nothing to live up
to so it seems crazy to just keep looking at your feet.

Now I gave my CD to the Walker brothers, it wasn't looping but it was
wild and crazy solo guitar that I can't imagine coming from too many
sources.  Do I have low self esteem because they haven't said anything
about it?  Well, yes.  I am sad and hurt like a wounded animal on
speed.

Why?  WHY!?  Why I am I so rejected by the people I want not to reject
me?  You don't like me now do you?  My music is bad and I know it.

Talk about a bunch of "if it ain't what we approve of then it is um,
other stuff."

I do really find you guys, in all of your splendiferous multiplicity
and imagination really kind of restrictive but less restrictive than a
mass of republican metal heads.

Most people, especially guitarists, need to look at their expectations
of major chords.

Larry Cooperman
New Millennium Guitar
http://www.newmillguitar.com