Re: which looper is my looper??? please help :-)

hi and thanx for the detailed information!

i was pointed out to ableton before, but i rather prefer to use a hardware
looper. i didn't quite understand what you meant by overdubbing - is it
correct, when i record somethin and i like it i can record something
additional ontop of the original matreial . but when i do this, both become
one file and can not be seperated anymore, right?

like for example if i sing into the machine, and then have the voice looped
i can sing another voice ontop of it, but when i export it from the
flashcard it is ONE audio file, right? or is there a possibility to listen
to the two recorded voices seperately?

and next question: i read the repeater is stereo, so could i reach more
tracks if i recorded and panned each track to get eight mono tracks???

thanx

> Hi Simon,
>
> And welcome to the list! If you can stand recording on a computer I
> think Ableton Live will do all the things you listed. However, if you
> should want to record by overdubbing many layers into the same loop it
> gets a little complicated in Live. But as you did not specify overdub
> looping I take it you don't want to do that and I can recommend Live.
> There's a free demo to download with a very good PDF manual so you can
> really check it out deeply before buying. http://www.ableton.com/
>
> When recording loops into Live you can prepare a session by assigning
> midi notes, or foot pedals if you want, to empty slots. You start the
> sequencer and as you send the controller midi addressing a certain slot
> it starts recording. Then it keeps on recording until you send the same
> msg a second time. Voila - there you have a loop, without ever stopping
> the groove. You can go directly from recording into having the loop
> immediately playing back. Just listen, play, record, evaluate, delete,
> play again and so on.
>
> I have also been using the Repeater and although it has only four
> tracks it will let you overdub as many layers you need on each track.
> Except for being a piece of dedicated hardware that's the biggest
> difference IMHO.
>
> Greetings from Sweden
>
> Per Boysen
> ---
> http://www.looproom.com (international)
> http://www.boysen.se (Swedish site)
> http://www.cdbaby.com/perboysen
>

> On Nov 24, 2004, at 21:53, simon absent wrote:
>
> > hi!
> >
> > thuis is mt first thread, i am a new member of this list - hjello
> > everyone
> > :-)
> >
> > well i have a question which i am sure you can answer fore me...
> >
> > i want to become a member of the looping community but i have problems
> > finding the right tool. so i thought i'd describe what i want to do
> > and you
> > tell me which looper will suit my needs, okay?
> >
> > here i go:
> >
> > what i want to do basicly is find a better way to setting up grooves
> > and
> > soundcapes - using a sequencer and having to stop playing is a pain in
> > the...
> >
> > i need a device, which lets me record loops as intuitive as possible.
> > i want
> > to record my individual instruments on to several tracks, because
> > after i
> > have finished the jam session and i'm satisfied with the result i want
> > make a song of that matrerial. but if i have it all recorded in the
> > device
> > it is one soundfile and i can not split it up again for arranging and
> > mixing
> > - so it should be a recorder which has as many individual tracks (and
> > outputs) as possible. of course if i record two similar guitars, i
> [...]

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!