Re:will Vortex work straight into gtr amp?

At 04:49 PM 12/8/2004, a k butler wrote:

>www.andybutler.com now hosts the "Vortex Database"

Andy,

I'm also considering succumbing to the obscure coolness of the Vortex, and
was wondering if you could help out with a couple more quick questions
before I lay down my cash.

First, I notice that on a few of the sample patches on your site you're
using the expression pedal to do volume swells into the delays.  I plan on
doing a good bit of such swells, but I'm concerned that -- since the
Vortex
has a pretty limited number of memory slots -- it might not be a good use
of the available presets.  I'm trying to keep things as simple as
possible.  However, should I just plan on buying yet another volume pedal
to put inline before the Vortex, or can I really get away with
consolidating that function into a single unit?

Second, just how viable is the Vortex for looping?  I thought I'd read
that
a good deal had been done with it, but I just keep coming back to the
specs
that say there's a max time of only two seconds on the delay.  That sounds
a bit constrictive.  Am I merely misreading something here?

TIA!!!

         --m.

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil