Re: Laptops in Looping Rigs

Here's a couple of recommendations:

1. for a soundcard the Echo Indigo I/O is a PCMCIA (sp?) card with a
lower latency than USB drives.  Works well for me.

2. There is a nice free piece of software modeled after the
"Frippertronics" tape loop setup called Elottronix XL. It's a VST
effect, so you can probably run it inside of Ableton (I use EnergyXT
as a VST host).

http://www.uv.es/%7Eruizcan/p_vst.htm

hope this is of interest.

--