De : Legion [mailto:legion@helpwantedproductions.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 17 décembre 2004 17:18
À : analogue@hyperreal.org
Cc : Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Objet : Moog Movie Free Screening Phila Pa tonight

Not sure if this has made the rounds or not yet but toight in Phila Pa
there will be a free screening of the new "moog" movie followed by a
concert of electronic music. All this goes down at the Monthly
philadelphia Electornic music party Gateway to moonbase Alpha at 40th
and Walnut sts in the Rotunda.

Here's the skinny (or Phat bass as the case may be :))

This month features:
MOOG (screening at 8pm SHARP; 72 minutes; the new documentary about
Robert Moog,
inventor of the modern synthesizer; film synopsis below*)

ORTHO (ORTHO will change your life. Hailing from New York and the Solar
System, ORTHO
uses homemade costumes, props, and electronic instruments to tell their
tales and
espouse scientific theories. Set time: 15-20 minutes)

 AUDIOPHYLE ("[is] Colin, Jerry and Tia with some kidnapped folks
including Erik the
Madman Dutchee, Mapp the Streetstalker and various folks from Washington
Heights. We
constantly search for new vibrations and megahertz for futher
exploration by fusing
together old anolog technologies & new digital mediums with free
improvisation. We are
up to our armpits in electrical trix, we're gonna flip cars and light
fires, we're gonna mess
with your head while you sleep in bed..."; collaborating with Doug of
Scattered Planets)

THE GREAT QUENTINI(Born in an obscure corner of Pennsylvania. Abducted
by space aliens
for cross cloning with Yeti. Twelve year residency at Dr Zorg's secret
underground space
station. Five year unexplained gap. Thirteen years in Philadelphia
recovering from wounds
received while fighting Gondar. In the words of an 8-year-old
critic: "Don't be afraid Mom,
he's just a Sacred Clown."; Performing 2 sets)

*MOOG, the new documentary about Robert Moog, inventor of the modern
synthesizer, is
a portrait of the legendary figure in music and technology and his ideas
about creativity,
design, interactivity, spirituality and his collaborations with
musicians over the years.
MOOG was directed by Hans Fjellestad and produced by Fjellestad and Ryan
Page, who
collaborated on FRONTIER LIFE (2002), a film about Tijuana, Mexico, and
its burgeoning
electronic dance music scene.

Watch the trailer for MOOG
(QuickTime) http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
Visit the official MOOG film and music website :
http://www.zu33.com/moog/
MOOG is distributed by PLEXIFILM : http://www.plexifilm.com/

Permanently changing the face of music, the "Moog synthesizer" went from
being the
centerpiece of a late-60s craze -- appearing on records with such titles
as Spotlight on
the Moog, Moog Power, Music to Moog By, Country Moog, Moog Indigo,
Exotic Moog and
countless others -- to an indispendable instrument for progressive rock
bands like
Emerson, Lake & Palmer and Yes to predating the electronic dance music
movement of
today. Moog explains that he "can feel what's going on in a piece of
electronic
equipment... it's something between discovering and witnessing." And he
is convinced that
many musicians come to "feel" a circuit in a similar way. In fact,
musicians make such
strong emotional connections with the electronics inside a Moog
synthesizer that the
inventor himself has reached cult hero status.

Born in 1934, Robert Moog has been inventing and building electronic
musical
instruments for nearly half a century. Still active in his workshop in
rural North Carolina,
Moog continues to shape musical culture with some of the most inspiring
instruments ever
created.

The film was shot on location in Asheville, New York, Los Angeles, San
Francisco, Tokyo
and London, featuring appearances by Keith Emerson, Walter Sear, Gershon
Kinsgley,
Jean-Jacques Perrey & Luke Vibert, Rick Wakeman, DJ Spooky, Herb
Deutsch, Bernie
Worrell, Pamelia Kurstin, Tino Corp. with Charlie Clouser, Money Mark,
Mix Master Mike,
and an eclectic mix of performers. Artists such as Stereolab, Meat Beat
Manifesto,
Tortoise, Money Mark, Luke Vibert & Jean-Jacques Perrey, 33, Moog
Cookbook, Plastiq
Phantom, Psilonaut, Bernie Worrell & Bootsy Collins, Roger O'Donnell,
The Album Leaf,
Pete Devriese, Bostich, Charlie Clouser, Baiyon, Suzanne Ciani, Gershon
Kingsley, Doug
McKechnie, Electric Skychurch and others contributed original music
produced on Moog
instruments for the soundtrack.

8pm, FREE FOR ALL AGES, free vegetarian buffet, at The Rotunda, 4014
Walnut Street,
Philadelphia

HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.HelpWantedProductions.com
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.