RE: Moog Movie

Title: RE: Moog Movie
At 5:11 PM +0000 12/18/04, goddard.duncan@mtvne.com wrote:

no carlos? no beaver/krause (r.i.p.)? no tomita? none of the guys from cave? 'tis only half the story then.

Filmmaker Hans Fjellestad:

Of course, to include every musician influenced by and influential on the Moog synthesizer would not be realistic. But clearly there are central figures: Keith Emerson, Sun Ra, Stevie Wonder, Rick Wakeman, Herbie Hancock, Jan Hammer, Tomita, Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, DEVO, Bernie Worrell, Dick Hyman, Wendy Carlos and the list goes on... an extensive and impossible roster.

 And equally untenable for this film would be a survey of technological and design advances by other synthesizer pioneers like Leon Theremin, Raymond Scott, Don Buchla, Thaddeus Cahill, Harald Bode and Hugh LeCaine, all of whom have had significant impact on Moog and each deserves a film to themselves (only Theremin has one as far as I know).

We did make numerous attempts to recruit Wendy Carlos for this project, but she refused to be involved at all. She even threatened to sue.

Bernie Krause also has a reputation for litigiousness. You just can't get everybody.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com