Re: Forbidden Planet Soundtrack, Bebe Barron, Reaktor

Title: Re: Forbidden Planet Soundtrack, Bebe Barron, Reaktor
At 2:32 PM -0700 12/22/04, Krispen Hartung wrote:
An interesting article and links to sound clips, regarding one of my favorite sci-fi movies and a simulation of those old vintage sounds with Reacktor, etc.
http://www.hollowsun.com/vintage/scifi/

Thanks for this link! Forbidden Planet was a watershed experience in my childhood (I was 10 when it was released), and as it was for many people the sound track was my first experience of electronic music.

I've been very lucky in recent years to become friends with Bebe Barron. In fact, I wrote an article on the Barrons for the third issue of e|i magazine.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://salamandersongs.com