RE: Line 6 DL-4 Delay Modeler

    I've had mine for about 2 years.I've gotten some very cool stuff out
of
it,but it's not very reliable, Turns out 14 seconds is about a sec or 2
less
than the lenght I need which is frustrating ,I end up playing a little bit
faster than I really want to to get a certain kind of groove feel,that's
long enough to build some call and response. I really really like the
reverse and half time features,and I use the dynamic,ducked delay alot. It
randomly malfunctions,the tone has been getting steadily tinnier for the
last 6 months or so.  I wish I could have a pedal that I could visually
set
loop length,change it ,and slice and dice samples,like on a DAW or
computer
set up.

...Anyhow re:the DL-4 delay modeler, this is among the best gear I've had -
and maybe the most versatile. Much better than the Lexicon which, being
digital, has
less bottom end and depth whereas the Line 6 is...analog bliss baby! It's
far more intense
than the Alesis Bitrman distortion which many rave about here - and which
is
totally smoked
by the DL-4. Recommended here for any ambient, atmospheric or other far
out
music sampling
because it is so extremely versatile in effects you can mix.I've not seen
anything in a moderate
price range that has this kind of versatility.