RE: Line mixer w 2 effects sends?

I've never used the CFX, but I just sold my Mackie DFX12
with the built in effects. The only thing I ever used was
hte reverb, and I didn't like it because it wouldn't provide
enough decay.  For the most part, not being able to tweak
the parameters is frustrating, so I wouldn't recommend the
boards. They are good for really basic, "set up quick"
settings where someone doesn't want to buy their own
outboard reverb or delay units. I can't remember which board
or manufacturer it was, but I recall some mixer with built
in Lexicon effects.

Kris

**************

    Luis,

    I've never heard a Mackie CFX mixer so I couldn't help
you there.  A friend of mine who used
to work for Mackie says that the built-in FX are a joke.
According to him, you'd be much better
off putting your money towards a VLZ pro.  (One of the
benefits of living in Seattle is being in
the midst of Mackie-ville.)

    Stephen

<<Hi there Stephen,
Just curious how good are the FX on the mackies CFX? i
am considering getting the CFX1202 but i heard for the
price is better to get them without FXs.
cheers
Luis>>