Re: Smallest Midi Pedal

Hi Phill,

I wonder if you would be able to use the "midifoot" software with your
homebrew pedal?  I haven't tried it, I just read about it yesterday in
the files section of the Yahoo ambiloop group:

"------------------------------------------------------

MIDIFOOT v1.0 Pre alpha for Ambiloop community

It's a simple project, allowing you to control
any midi software from pedalboard (connected to PC gameport).

Features:

 15 programmable buttons
 Note On/Note Off/CC/Poly Pressure/Program messages
 Hardware independent presets to share with friends :-)
 Hide to tray possibility
 Freeware :-)

Limitations:

 Only one button can be pressed at time
 There shouldn't be any joysticks in system,
 except for pedalboard (acting like joystick for the OS).

Installation and testing:

 Run midifoot.exe (skip warnings), choose required midi device
 from listbox. It could be some synth port or MidiYoke virtual
 cable. MidiYoke can be downloaded from http://www.midiox.com/myoke.htm

 Map some buttons and try 'TEST' button. Your destination software/synth
 must receive midi messages.

  Now if you have an _analog_ joystick, try to connect it, and tap buttons.
 (remember to restart midifoot and install joystick driver).
 Your destanation software must receive midi messages. Now try to press
 two (or more) joystick buttons at the same time. You should see another
 'virtual' button in Midifoot flashing up.

Pedalboard

 If everything seems fine it's time to build a pedalboard.
 See schematic in pedalboard.gif

 Resistors could be of any values from 5k to a less than 100k.
 Diodes - any small signal general purpose (1N4148, 1N914 and so on)
 Buttons - any buttons of your choice.

 Resistors could be wired directly on a 15pin male plug.

 Important! Install a 2-axis 4-button joystick driver before using
 pedalboard !

I successfully tried this system to control
CubaseSX transport, Ambiloop (http://evenfall.com/ambiloop/) and
KX SBLive! drivers (http://kxproject.com). Works just fine.

If you have any ideas, suggestions, bug reports etc.
feel free to contact me via e-mail: firewood@mail.ru

Diz"

--
Art Simon