Tim's VF-1 lo-fi paradise?RE: emulating a cheap sampling toy

Go on, bring it up! It's a cool topic, but then I'm prejudiced, having
started this string ;-)
Effector13 is a cool co.
Of course, I've already gone and spent money I didn't have on a cheap Boss
VF-1, partly because of its lo-fi and vinyl-crackle features, neither of
which I've had time to suss out yet. All I've had time to do is scroll
through the presets that everybody has warned me about... the people are
right... the presets are absolutely "twee," candy-assed, lifeless disco
bullshit, nowhere near as cool as my MXR flange (which I will have to sell
to justify this purchase) or as rich as my ancient RPS-10, BUT everyone sez
that presets are only the beginning, and based on my experience with my
Zoom multis I know this to be true.
If Krispen luvs his VF-1, that's enough testimonial for me, dammit. I will
give it a good listen, spend some time with it.
Cheerios and Milk,
Tim
P.S.--Anyone ever deal with Darrell Barrett?

It
> was perfect for that the original poster wanted to do.
>
> its called the Effector 13 NO-Fi pedal

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22669&item=37808982
70&rd=1