RE: Re:

You know, I drift on and off this list, partly because I get busy with work
and partly because of flame wars like this. life is too short for such
nonsense. I appreciate people coming to our defense. But lets put the
thread
to rest, OK? I don't know why anyone feels compelled to rip others,
particularly in the context of a web site devoted to music. In hindsight, I
probably should have ignored Larry's comments.  I know a lot of musicians,
and a few of them I know I would describe as "jazz snobs". I'm dealing with
one such person in a band context right now, who I can tell has no affinity
whatsoever for the music the band is covering, a mix of soca calypso reggae
and afro beat. And even though he is a great jazz player and monster
bassist, the fact that he is bored and indifferent to the music really
shows
in his playing. He acts like any music without a high degree of harmonic
complexity is somehow inferior. There is no passion in his groove, and it
is
hurting the band. he really should leave the band before he gets booted
out.
If all this technology shit bores you and is beneath you Larry, its really
ok to step away, like you suggested you would, before you dashed off
another
fusillade of vitriol.
Good Luck
Bill