Re: Mobius system requirements

On Feb 17, 2005, at 2:44, Chris Kline wrote:
> Per Boyson wrote:
> Do not go for USB audio or FireWire audio with PC. Go for a PCMCIA
> card. One that is loved by many laptop PC musicians is the Indigo Echo
> i/o. It gives you stereo in and stereo out with superb  sound quality
> to a modest price.

I'd like to make clear that I was talking "wintel" machines here. With
an apple laptop that supports firewire 800 the odds are of course
better ;-)

> .I can't find any cardbus interfaces that support 4 analog
> ins/outs.

The RME Multiface is 8 analog in/out in a little box. You connect the
break-out box to the PCMCA card with a cable. Can be found second hand
for a good price now because many "gear heads" think they need the
latest thing and "upgrade".

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---