Re: SooperLooper (System requirements)

>  > In the future, will it be possible to add a new loop without
>going into Jack
>>  for routing? If Im working on a loop and I want anotherone I add one,
>no
>>  sweat : ) when im routing/patching in JACK I get these clicking noises
>when
>>  the routing gets activated. It does not get picked up in the loop, its
>just
>>  some noise that should not be there,I guess.
>
>Yes, the current version of jack can interrupt the audio stream when
>patching connections together.  A future version is being tested that
>solves that problem.   Currently, for flexibility each loop gets its
>own ports, so you could route completely different sources/dests
>independently for each loop.  Sometimes, that much flexibility is too
>much, as you've discovered.  Would you like to see an option in SL to
>always use the same input and output ports for every loop?

nono, its great to have it multitrack in Jack, so a mixing app can take
over.

But I also felt Jans problem that a new loop is not automatically
routed to some channel (be it the next or previous)

We will have to become smarter in saving setups and presets, I guess.

>  > Will a Audio Unit version be tagged to JACK? or would it be
>"standalone"
>>  as without the need of JACK to run?
>
>The AU plugin version would not use JACK, it would be just like any
>other plugin.  However, some of the features of the standalone app
>will be lost, and it will likely just support a single loop per plugin
>instance.

and still sync together?
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org