Re: Sit or Stand? Guitarist and Bassists only

Hey loopers,

I'vc seen an electric bass player with a bad back using a stand that holds
his
instrument perfectly in place without requiring any support from the
player.
Not sure if he had it specially built or not - but, it looked cool
"floating"
above the stage before their set (white bass / black stand).  Maybe if bass
amps weren't so damn heavy, there would be less bassists with bad backs.

For a long time, I dealt with turning my back to the audience or having to
crouch down to make adjustments to rack mount gear, cue samples, etc.
Eventually, I picked up three keyboard stands and now have all of my gear
raised up for easy access while standing.  I've also picked up a Shure
headset
mic ($115 CAD) to prevent bonking my head every set when spinning around to
make adjustments.

I may add a bar stool without arms to my set up, though.  Using the rang
with
accuracy while rocking a wah pedal can be awkward...

Cheers,

John