Re: ending ambient pieces when playing LIVE shows

I've never done this in public but:

A couple of years ago I used to end ambient loops using this method..or
a variation of it.

I would loop using two jamman, loops of slightly different lengths.
Using replace, on one or both units, I would then enter
small bits of either slience, string scrapes,etc. and / or volume
swelled harmonics processed through a delay.

Please note: If you have a long loop going at the time and choose to
completely replace it, this process can take
up to a half an hour to accomplish.

The loops evolve into something not quite as ambient but
....interesting. ( at least to me ).

At that point you can choose to fade or cut the loop at a point that
makes sense to you at the time.

Hope this made sense.

joe