RE: Power of the Eventide Eclipse / Virtual Guitar Racks/Systems

"btw, I'm sorry this whole exchange didn't get posted, so we could get
other input; I fell for that "reply to Krispen, send to Krispen" bug!"

[I'm posting this exchange between David and I for reference, because of
the computer-based guitar system discussion]

Well, I guess I'll stay put and see what virtual guitar rack/systems
come out for computers, something like Guitar Rig, except
better....imagine an Eclipse, H6000, PMC-91, PMC-81, and TC Electronix
Fireworx all in a virtual, computer based guitar system.  I could do
without all the vintage effects in the Guitar Rig system. I'd rather see
new effect simulations.  I mean, look a this:
http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?components_us

Look at all that old-looking stuff in there....wouldn't it be great if
all those were replaced with newer units?  It's seems ironic that they
would pack a totally modern, computer-based system with a bunch of
archaic pedal craaa...I mean, gear. :)  I'd like to see a system that
isn't dripping with propietary look and feel, like the green tube
screamer module, or the red distortion module, etc.  How about just a
Delay Module? And inside that, tons of parameters and flexibility, etc.

Kris