Peak at new Electrix Repeater MK2 and OS 2.0

Peak at new Repeater MK2 & OS upgrades

Greetings Loopers Delight members,

We met Kim Flint in Anaheim at the NAMM show and he
encouraged us (Electrix) to participate in the
discussions here. That said, we'd thought we'd pass
along some preliminary info on the new Repeater MK2
feature set. Please keep in mind that this is a
partial list (more info will be released over the
coming weeks/months).

With the new Repeater MK2, some of the enhancements
you can expect are:

o   Independent track looping control (can act like a
sampler as well).
o   Initial Record direct into overdub.
o   Loop length pre-programming.
o   Completely overhauled MIDI implementation that
will give you greater control over more features.
o   Persistent settings on power down/power up. The
unit now remembers your setup.
o   Sticky settings (stereo link, pan, pitch,
metronome) optionally imported to new loops on
creation.
o   Utilities menu for controlling system operation
from the front panel, including MIDI channel.

Issues fixed from System 1.10

o   Vastly improved MIDI clock quality.
o   Positive indication of muted channels.

As mentioned above, there are additional features not
listed that will be part of the new Repeater MK2 and
OS 2.0. We have compiled the list of mods from
numerous user requests. Please keep in mind that our
plans for the new product and OS are baked and any
other suggestions will have to wait for the next OS.

Many existing Repeater users want to know if they will
be able to upgrade to the new OS. While it is our goal
to offer an upgrade path (for a small fee), there may
be some hardware changes required as it is likely that
Repeater MK2 will have significantly larger on-board
memory. We will keep you posted on this as information
is available.

Second question on everyone's mind is "when and where
can I get one"? We expect them to be available in
May/June at select retailers. However, we caution that
there will be limited availability and if you want
one, you should visit your local retailer sooner than
later and place a special order to secure your
position.

Lastly, people are asking "how much?”. US Retail price
is $749.

Hope this answers some open questions and we'll keep
you posted on new developments as info becomes
available. If you're interested in staying in the loop
(no pun intended) for additional Electrix info, we'd
encourage you to join our email list located on our
home page @ www.electrixpro.com.

Thanks,
Electrix