Re: Re: ending ambient pieces when playing LIVE shows

> > How about recording the entire thing as a loop and play it back in
reverse
> > when you get to the end...

If you listen carefully to "The New World" by Robert Fripp (penultimate
track on *Robert Fripp and the League of Crafty Guitarists Live!*) you will
hear the backing track do exactly this. RF plays continuously over this in
real, forwards time so the forward-to-backward point is disguised, but it's
there.
    And when I saw RF at the Kitchen way back in the day, he ended the
first
set with a question-and-answer session. He posed and answered the final
question: "Can Frippertronics be played backwards? Yes it can." Whereupon
he
put both Revoxes in reverse and took a break while we listened to 15
minutes
of whooshing backwards loopery.
    dB, coyote